My Insanity Challenge

I completed the Insanity challenge in August 2011. It was a great experience. It was a total of 63 days long, 6 days a week. I took my before pictures, front, side, and back views. I remember the first day I did the fit test. It was intense, but I thought I can do this Insanity challenge. My goal was to get the Insanity shirt that was promised at the end. Can you believe that I did a crazy challenge just to get a shirt. Yes!!!! I did a 63 day challenge to get a shirt...haha. It was the focus, a reward. I love rewards and you must make rewards for any goal you complete. It will keep you motivated and excited. One of my rewards after I finished the challenge was to get a professional photo shoot. That is where this Insanity photo came from. :)

Anyway, the second day of the challenge I did the video that was listed on the workout calender which was Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I say within the first 5 minutes I thought to myself....what have I gotten myself into. I then continued for the next 10 minutes to only to realize that was only the warmup. I literally said out loud, "This guy is nuts, he is insane". But once I commit to a goal I complete it. So, I had to mentally prepare for the long haul. Now, it was tough. The first month had a set of dvd's that were intense, but the second month was another set of dvd's that are harder and longer. I documented everyday on the workout calender how many calories I burned. I also took my measurements every week and my weight. I still have these documents today. :) Some days I really did not feel like doing it. Some days I was sore. Some days I just wanted to give up. But I kept going and completed it! Just to let you know...my metabolism went out the roof...so make sure to eat plenty of protein, have snacks prepared, and stay away from the junk food. Although at times you can treat yourself. :) All in all, I would say it was a fantastic challenge. When I took my after pictures I was toned and sculpted. I did not lose alot of weight. Don't be surprised if you don't, but your body will look great. I learned alot and I am still doing these videos today. Yes, I must be insane. :) Talk to you soon. Your "goal girl", [e].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February Goals

Create Your Own Breakthrough

How It All Began.......Part II