How It All Began.......Part I

It was the fall of 2009 when I believe God began speaking to me about losing weight. I had been told earlier in the year in March that I was in a season of preparation for marriage. So to lose the weight would be apart of that preparation. God told me to get down to a certain weight that I had not been since high school, which seemed impossible at first. When He first told me to lose the weight, He told me that my husband would enjoy me at that size. Well little did I know by obeying God in the area of my health, that it would turn into so much more than losing weight, I would gain so much more freedom for my life. The Lord was very clear when I was to start losing weight………the day after my birthday, on September 28, 2009. Everyday He would have me document on a calender the weight I was that day and once a week do my measurements and an official weigh in. This kept me accountable each week and looking forward to seeing my overall progress. By documenting on the calendar my physical health each day, I also began making my spiritual health a priority as well. Each day I would also write down when I spent time with God, prayed in the Spirit and confessed the Word. This began to give me a spiritual thermometer for my spiritual health. He then began to teach me how to eat. I learned to implement tons of fiber into my diet, drink plenty of water, learned to enjoy fruits and vegetables. He also showed me how to enjoy the things I liked, but in moderation. He would say, “Ericka, if you want ice cream, eat with a smaller spoon, a smaller bowl, and put your serving in there, then when you eat it, you will feel satisfied and feel like you had a nice portion. Now when He told me to lose the weight initially, I thought, oh this shouldn’t take that long……when I was in my twenties all I had to do was just watch what I ate for a few days and the weight would come off, but now being in my early thirties, I understand why He had me start when He did. It is now December and I am down 5 pounds and 41/2 inches down. Not what I expected. I thought I would be much further along. I thought that I would have lost the weight by November 16, 2009. I thought surely that would have been enough time, but it was not. I promised myself that I would keep going until I lost the weight God told me to lose no matter what. Yes there were times when I would get discouraged, but if God told me to lose the weight, He would be the one to help me get there. It was in December that I wanted to do the 30 Day Challenge with Jillian Michaels. She is a fitness trainer of the hit tv show, “The Biggest Loser”. I had heard if you did her video called “30 Day Shred” thirty days straight that you could lose up to 20 pounds in a month. Well I started in December, but was injured by the second week. But again, I did not let that stop me from my goal. Once I recovered I began working out again about a week later. I kept going and I finally reached my goal weight on February 1st, 2010. I was so excited. I was down two dress sizes and twelve pounds. But when I looked at myself in the mirror, although I was very happy, I still wanted too see some more improvements, so I decided by June I wanted to have a more cut and toned body and lose an additional ten pounds. It was April 22 at the time. I said I will start in May 1st, but God told me to start on that Monday, April 26, 2010 and do the 30 day challenge. Which is something I created do any three Jillian Michael’s videos for thirty days straight. Although I did not succeed the first time I attempted this, I knew I would complete this goal, because God told me and He would give me the grace to complete it. Tomorrow I will post the conclusion....you don't want to miss it. [e].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February Goals

Create Your Own Breakthrough

How It All Began.......Part II