Rakisha Sloane....Doctor In The House

I have known Rakisha for several years now. I wanted to feature her on today's blog. She is an incredible woman of perserverance and determination. A single parent that decicided to go to school to get her Doctorate. I wanted her to let me know what kept her going in order to complete her goal. See below.
 
What was my motivation to go back to school for my Doctorate?

I always wanted to be a doctor.  Education was always a priority growing up.  So, going to school was never a question.  There are a few things that have inspired me along this journey of pursuing my doctorate.  Being a single mother my priority is making sure I am the best example to my daughter, spiritually, mentally, and physically.  I call the following my 4P’s

1. Pursue your dreams with all your heart.  Never give up what God has placed in your heart.

2. Passion determines my commitment to pursuing my dreams.  When you are passionate about something you never give up on it.  It is my passion to help others; this strengthens me and allows me to keep going. 

3. Purpose shifts everything.  Once you know your purpose, the sky is the limit.  Knowing your purpose causes you to pursue your passion.  When things seem unsure or when I get tired, I remind myself that I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me the strength to “just keep swimming”

4. Patience opens the door to your heart to trust God.  When pursuing your purpose with all of your heart, it is crucial that you do not rush things.  Fully relying on God with every detail of my life has made me who I am today.  I could not have gotten through my doctoral program without trusting Him and being patient.  One of my favorites, for those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint…(Isaiah 40:31)

I give God All the Glory!!!!

Comments

  1. This IS encouraging! I'm sure I'll read it more than twice. :o) Thank you Ericka Glorious and Rakisha! ShelleBelles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February Goals

How It All Began.......Part II

Picture Frame....Make a Decision Already