Dust Yourself Off and Get Back Up Again

Well it's been awhile since my last post. I have been still accomplishing many goals, which I will post in the days to come. My little 9 year old nephew passed away unexpectedly and that kind of threw off my goals for a bit, but I am back at them. It was about a month and a half ago today that my nephew passed away. I also needed to rethink why I even wrote this blog and wondered did anyone even care that I make goals and do them. That was until today. I had an opportunity to talk to a wonderful girl named Jessica. I started describing all the goals that I do, whether baking a cake for the first time, attempt to do 100 pushups (which I am still trying to do), or choosing a career path. By talking to her I was revived again as to why I write my blog. And she was inspired to start working out again. My blog is to share my goals which in turn will help and inspire other girls to accomplish their goals. You may think to yourself, I have tried and tried to do _________________ (fill in the blank), but failed. Your blank can be to write your first book, lose 100 pounds, run your first marathon, bake a cake, go on a vacation to Italy....the list is endless, but the important thing is you can have your fill in the blank and accomplish it.  Doesn't matter if you failed over and over again. Just get back up and try again. When I was sharing with Jessica today I told her that I had failed when I first attempted to do my first 30 Day Challenge doing Jillian Michaels videos. I would say within the first week, I pulled my left thigh muscle and I had to stop doing the videos. Several months later I attempted again and finished it all the way through. As ladies, alot of times we will sabatoge ourselves if we fail at our first attempt at a goal instead of celebrating what we did do. Celebrate if you lost 1 pound, even though you are going for 10. It is still a success at the 1 pound. Celebrate yourself and know that your attempt at the goal is what is exciting and to enjoy the journey along the way.

Today's challege: figure out your "fill in the blank" and evaluate and make steps to accomplish your goal. Whatever the goal, don't make it unattainable, but start small and work your way up. If you are not used to working out, do not say I am going to work out 5 days this week. You are setting yourself up to fail, but choose to start with just 2 days at 10 minutes and stay consistent at that, then build yourself up to 3, then 4, then to a 5 day workout week. Hope you are inspired to go after your goal again. You can do it.

Off the subject, I did stop doing my second round of Insanity. Maybe sometime down the road I will attempt again. Have other goals that are more important at this time in my life.

See you tomorrow.

Your "goal girl"

[e].

Comments

  1. Ericka,
    So happy we were able to have such a great conversation the other day! You are a beautiful person inside and out. There are things in my life that I have struggled with, and you made me realize there is a happy resolution to the negative. So proud of all you have accomplished and I cant wait to hear about more to come!
    P.S. - I have worked out twice so far this week!!!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU JESSICA!!!! Yeah, two days of working out already that is wonderful news!!! Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to hearing your continued progress :) [e].

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February Goals

How It All Began.......Part II

Picture Frame....Make a Decision Already